My baby yoga courses combine traditional techniques with rhythmic movements. The classes are perfect for developing your baby’s ever-changing body!
Yoga gives your baby the chance to explore movement in many dimensions within a completely safe environment. Alongside movement, our courses also include: singing, sensory activities, calm breathing techniques, relaxation and plenty of interactive fun. We focus on your baby’s movements with gentle stretches to aid development, and some traditional yoga poses for parent or carer too!
Benefits of yoga for baby and you:
Benefits for baby:
- maintaining flexibility in the spine and joints
- strengthening and improving muscle tone
- boosting the immune system
- regulating the digestive system
- stimulating the senses
- relaxing and calming
- aiding sleep
- supporting development
Benefits for you:
- using positive touch with your baby
- playing/bonding/relaxing with your baby
- learning about your baby
- spending special time with your baby
- healing after a difficult or traumatic birth
- gaining confidence in handling your baby
- dealing with post-natal depression
- learn deep breathing and relaxation techniques
- gentle stretching and positions to help you relax
- improving muscle tone and strength after pregnancy
- empowering yourself through parenting
Book a Course
Anyone can join our baby yoga sessions as no previous experience is necessary. However both mother and baby should have had their 6-8 week GP check-up before taking part in this exercise, and longer for C section recovery. It’s also advisable that mothers do not consider yoga in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy unless previously practicing.
My course is most suitable for babies aged from around 10 weeks right up to crawling/mobile. If your baby is under 10 weeks, or is not confidently holding their head, you may wish to consider joining my baby massage classes in Hyde.
Friday 15th June 9.30am £35 for 5 classes including refreshments after class
5 week Yoga for Baby courses run at St Mary’s Church Hall SK14 4HL, Newton in Hyde. You can pay for your place via PayPal below, or if you prefer to pay via online banking just contact Jenni.
Heaton Moor, Stockport
Friday 22nd June at 1.45pm. £35 for 5 classes, includes refreshments after class
5 week courses are held at St Paul’s Church Hall in Heaton Moor, Stockport. You can reserve your place on the June Yoga for Baby course via PayPal below, or you can pay via online banking if you prefer, just contact Jenni to arrange this.