Yoga for Baby is relaxing and fun, combining traditional yoga positions with exciting dynamic movements that benefit your baby’s mental and physical development.
My Yoga for Baby course is certified by To Baby and Beyond, who are in turn accredited by the prestigious Royal College of Midwives. The classes combine traditional yoga techniques with rhythmic movements for your little one.
Yoga gives your baby the chance to explore movement in many dimensions within a completely safe environment. Alongside developmental yoga-based poses, each class also includes singing, sensory activities, and interactive fun for your baby, alongside calm breathing techniques and relaxations for you too.
Benefits of yoga for baby and you:
Benefits for baby:
- maintaining flexibility in the spine and joints
- strengthening and improving muscle tone
- boosting the immune system
- regulating the digestive system
- stimulating the senses
- relaxing and calming
- aiding sleep
- supporting development
Benefits for you:
- using positive touch with your baby
- playing/bonding/relaxing with your baby
- learning about your baby
- spending special time with your baby
- healing after a difficult or traumatic birth
- gaining confidence in handling your baby
- dealing with post-natal depression
- learn deep breathing and relaxation techniques
- gentle stretching and positions to help you relax
- improving muscle tone and strength after pregnancy
- empowering yourself through parenting
Book a Course
Anyone can join our baby yoga sessions as no previous experience is necessary. However both mother and baby should have had their 6-8 week GP check-up before taking part in this exercise, and longer for C section recovery. It’s also advisable that mothers do not consider yoga in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy unless previously practicing.
My course is most suitable for babies aged from around 10 weeks right up to crawling/mobile. If your baby is under 10 weeks, or is not confidently holding their head, you may wish to consider joining my baby massage classes in Hyde.
Sorry the summer courses are now all full. If you’d like to know more about private home sessions please contact Jenni.
Heaton Moor, Stockport
Thursday 20th September at 12.15pm. £35 for 5 classes, includes refreshments after class
5 week courses are held at St Paul’s Church Hall in Heaton Moor, Stockport. You can reserve your place on the September Yoga for Baby course via PayPal below which will incur £1 transaction fee, or you can pay via online banking if you prefer to avoid the fee, just contact Jenni to arrange this.
Friday 21st September 9.45am. £35 for 5 classes including refreshments after class
5 week Yoga for Baby courses run at St Mary’s Church Hall SK14 4HL, Newton in Hyde. You can pay using the PayPal button below or for BACS info to avoid the £1 transaction fee just contact Jenni.